February 05, 2021
February 23, 2021
Summary of Findings
- Anomalies associated with a ransomware attack on a Belgian hospital hub suggest a smokescreen.
- Mobile phone users in the UK are being targeted by phishing campaigns that impersonate banks and telecom companies.
- The Avaddon ransomware group has expanded its TTPs with DDoS attacks aimed at forcing victims to negotiate.
- Security researchers studying vulnerabilities are lured into malicious interactions by accessing false social media posts.
- The CrimsonIAS backdoor may possibly be a tool in the portfolio of Chinese espionage actor Mustang Panda.
- UK authorities arrest a man for allegedly operating SMSBandits, an online service that generated high-volume phishing campaigns via mobile text messages.
- A supply chain attack compromised the update mechanism of NoxPlayer, an Android emulator for PCs and Macs.